Are you working for a company in the stay-put mode due to economic uncertainty? Worried they are poised to go through a restructuring process? Or maybe your salary isn't keeping up with the 12% inflation in the past 24 months. If so, consider working for our client, one of the fastest-growing companies in the Midwest, located in Kansas City, thanks to a significant infusion of capital from a $21B Private Equity firm. With this growth comes endless career advancement opportunities to work on exciting and challenging projects.
We seek a Staff Accountant with 3+ years of experience in accounting, ideally in the telecommunications industry, to join our client's Finance team, with a direct line to the Accounting Manager. You will ultimately report upstream to the CFO, one of the best and most respected finance leaders in Kansas City. You will help oversee financial and accounting aspects of the Company's operations, including financial planning and analysis, budgeting, tax compliance, and financial reporting.
• Manage and oversee the Company's financial and accounting functions
• Develop and maintain financial statements and reports
• Prepare and monitor budgets and forecasts
• Analyze financial data to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement
• Ensure compliance with tax regulations and reporting requirements
• Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable processes
• Develop and implement internal control procedures to safeguard company assets
• Liaise with external auditors and tax authorities
• Perform other related duties as required
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
• CPA designation is preferred but not mandatory.
• 3+ years of experience in accounting, ideally telecommunications industry
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and accounting software
Ideal Preferred Qualification
Experience working with telecommunications and using accounting principles related to revenue recognition, cost allocation, and depreciation of assets.
Kansas City Pay Data for a Staff Accountant (suggested ranges)
2-4 Years Exp: 60-65
4-6 Years Exp: 65-75
About Working In-Office/Remote/Hybrid
Our client believes starting a new role is an exciting and challenging experience, and establishing a strong foundation with face-to-face interactions and support from colleagues in the office is important. However, as time passes and you gain more experience, a hybrid work arrangement that balances remote and in-person work can provide greater flexibility and autonomy, assuming you meet the company's needs.